Indian Army every year invites applications from the unmarried male candidates, who have passed 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subjects and must have secured at least 70% marks in the examination to impart basic military training and technical training. The candidates, who cracks the recruitment procedure for the post are enrolled for training and after the successful completion of the training, they are provided with Permanent Commission in the Indian Army and are appointed on the rank of Leutinent. Candidates, who meet the conditions of eligibility required for the position and have interest in the same have to apply through online mode through the website of Indian Army.
• Candidates for the programme are recruited through their performance in Psychological Test, Group Test and Services Selection Board Commission. Only the shortlisted on the basis of cut off prepared by Rtg. Dte.
• Candidates, who are shortlisted are informed through SMS/ email regarding the allotment of Centre for Selection.
• When the centres will be allotted, the candidates have to choose their SSB dates on first come first serve basis by logging in to the websites of the relevant centers. The chosen candidates will be put through interview at Allahabad, Bhopal or Bangalore.
• This interview is held for 5 days.
• Candidates have to undergo Psychological test on the very first day. And the candidates, who successfully qualifiy this test are retained for the rest of the tests and the candidates who fail are asked to leave.
• Successful candidates are called for medical test, which lasts for 3-5 days excluding sundays and gazetted holidays.
• Candidates, who are declared medically fit and are recommended by the board are appointed for training in order of the merit prepared and the number of vacancies available.
• The aspirants, who are finally appointed have to execute all the Certificates/ Bonds prescribed for the Cadets of NDA entry under Al 53/78.
• Candidates, who appear for the interview are provided with the fare of AC three tier.
The entire period of training is 5 years and is parted into two phases:
Basic Military Training: This training is of 1 year in duration and takes place at Officer Training Academy in Gaya.
Technical Training: It is further divided into two phases.
Phase I: It is organized in MCTE M how or CME Pune or MCEME Secunderabad for 3 years. It is known as Pre Commission Training.
Phase 2: Organized for 1 year this Post Commission Training also takes place at MCTE Mhow or CME Pune or MCEME Secunderabad.
After the successful completion of this training, the aspirants are awarded Engineering Degree. The entire cost of training is borne by Indian Army including the cost of reading material and books. Recruited candidates are also provided with mess and accommodation.